Shawn GoldCorporate Marketing Officer
TechStyle Fashion Group
Shawn Gold is CMO of TechStyle Fashion Group, an industry leading platform that builds and distributes global membership fashion brands, including Fabletics, ShoeDazzle, JustFab and FabKids. Before TechStyle, he was head of entertainment partnerships at Wattpad.com, the world’s largest mobile storytelling platform. Previously, he was CMO of Inside Studios, a video and mobile app company creating shows with over 1 billion views on YouTube and MSN. Until 2007, he was CMO, head of marketing & content for MySpace. At MySpace Shawn spearheaded the development and implementation of marketing initiatives and campaigns for MySpace during its growth from 25 to 110 million users worldwide. Prior to MySpace he built a network of popular blogs that included Engadget, Joystiq and Autoblog, now part of AOL.
As consumers continue to flock away from traditional retail experiences, brick-and-mortars are closing their doors at an alarming rate. With the entire landscape of retail shifting, online retailers are expanding aggressively with a strong focus on building customer connections in powerful, new ways that promote loyalty. When done right, the subscription and membership model can offer the consumer an experience that is both valuable to the business and the customer. The membership model is breathing new life into stagnant retail models.
Join our Opening Keynote with Shawn Gold, the CMO of TechStyle, one of the fastest growing fashion companies during a time when fashion retail is stagnant. TechStyle has more than 4 million members to its four brands paying upwards of $49.99 a month for constantly refreshed collections of clothes, athletic wear, shoes, accessories and kids wear. During this breakout session, we will explore the benefits of the membership experience, including:
· Why membership matters and how it changes the customer/company relationship:
· How the membership structure improves the shopping experience
· How a membership-based company saves tons of money on marketing and advertising
· How the membership experience fosters customer loyalty
With so many disruptive forces at play, many high-level marketers begin to feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of change related to technology. However, there are steps you can take to leverage the value of disruption in big ways. During this panel discussion focused on navigating the age of disruption, we will hear from high-level marketing executives that hail from some of the most impactful industry disruptors, including Uber and TechStyle. Join this panel discussion as we explore:
- Keeping up with exponential advances in technology
- Navigating the proliferation of media platforms
- Connecting with the empowered, skeptical consumer
- Addressing cultural and societal changes affecting the world today
- Creating innovative, customer-centric business models that reflect innovation and customer-centricity