Kim BrownHead of Global Marketing
GE Renewable Energy
Kim Brown is Head of Global Marketing at GE Renewable Energy Digital. Kim drives marketing strategy for the software suite and is the integration point between product, sales, customer and partners. She works with cross-functional teams to drive digital transformation with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive to drive business-critical outcomes. Prior to her current position, Kim has spent 15+ years in various leadership roles, driving digital transformation and performance-based marketing across multiple industries. She is a keynote speaker, co-founder of Chicago Women in Big Data, university lecturer, and expert advisor at Chicago’s 1871 technology incubator.
During this breakout session, we will explore how societal trends and always-on channels are changing the face of content marketing for brands and customers in big ways. For Kim Brown, Global Head of Marketing with GE Renewable Energy, that means focusing on the organization’s vision to drive evolution through experience by creating strong customer relationships, fostering a history of innovation and a lifecycle approach with the goal of making assets and plants perform better tomorrow than today. Kim strives to underscore the vision of GE Renewable Energy through content marketing focused on a human connection in a digital world. During this breakout session, we will explore:
· Connecting with your consumer, B2B and B2C, through content that appeals to human emotion
· 5 reasons GE’s content goes viral on Reddit (and everywhere else!)
· Why GE has become one of the most successful examples of content marketing
· The keys to GE’s content marketing strategy, including transaction of content, retiring the good ole’ press release
· Finding your story in a digital world filled with content clutter and chaos
· Moving beyond the blog and into a culture of content
11:05 AM Empowering Diversity in Marketing
Join our Diversity in Marketing panel discussion as we explore the ways marketing leaders are effectively mentoring, leading and making a difference on the front-lines of marketing by building and empowering multi-dimensional, diverse marketing teams. During this panel, we’ll explore why it’s critical to empower and deploy diverse teams in marketing.